Submitted by dmeehan on October 1, 2018 - 10:23am
Help us Improve Bicycling in Napa County!
NVTA has contracted with Toole Design Group (TDG)
, a nationally recognized firm known for expertise in bicycle and pedestrian planning. The project team understands that bicycle transportation systems must operate in an existing multimodal transportation environment, and that recommendations must be practical, realistic, and offer benefits to all roadway users in order to be implemented.
The Bicycle Plan update is in full swing! We have heard from many members of the public via online map tools, outreach events, committee meetings, social media and via email. NVTA appreciates your participation throughout the process and we are looking forward to sharing the draft plan with you soon. Please see the link to the right to review the udated schedule.
- October:The draft plan is undergoing an administrative review by NVTA staff and local jurisdiction staff.
- November-December: The draft plan will be made available for public review and final comments
- January-February 2019: Finalize comments and start environmental review of recommended projects within the plan
- February-June 2019: Finalize environmental review and plan adoption
Ways you can participate:
- The online Map Tool is now closed. Thanks to all who commented. The Draft Plan will be available for public comment in November! Please check this webpage for updates.
- Become a member on the NVTA Active Transportation Advisory Committee-There are currently three openings on the committee representings: The County of Napa; The City of St. Helena and The City of American Canyon. Contact the City Clerk in these respective jurisdictions for an application or Email Diana Meehan at the address below for more information on how to apply!
- Attend the next Active Transportation Advisory Committee Meeting on October 22, 2018
- Attend an upcoming Open House event-Dates coming soon!
The first Statewide Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, "Towards an Active California" (Caltrans) was adopted in May of this year, and the first Regional Bicycle Plan (Caltrans District 4-SF Bay Area) was also adopted this year. The statewide plan is a policy-focused document that seeks to triple bicycling in the state by 2020. The District-4 plan focuses on projects within the region that help meet state, regional and local goals for improving the bicycling network, particularly on and adjacent to the state highway system. View the appendices of the plan to see projects in Napa County (projects are listed by county in alphabetical order), located Here . The Napa Countywide Bicycle Plan Update will benefit from these two recent planning efforts and will help re-establish local program policies and goals with context sensitive solutions for improving bicycling in Napa County.
To read the current bicycle plan (2012) or download the report click here
For more information about the Napa Countywide Bicycle Plan Update and how you can participate please contact:
Diana Meehan, NVTA Active Transportation Coordinator