Submitted by dmeehan on September 18, 2017 - 2:51pm
Help us Improve Bicycling in Napa County!
Napa Countywide Bicycle Plan Update
NVTA has contracted with Toole Design Group (TDG), a nationally recognized firm known for expertise in bicycle and pedestrian planning. The project team understands that bicycle transportation systems must operate in an existing multimodal transportation environment, and that recommendations must be practical, realistic, and offer benefits to all roadway users in order to be implemented.
The Bicycle Plan update process is expected to take place over the next 18 months (See the schedule here
) and NVTA wants to hear from you!
Ways you can participate:
- Use our online Wikimap to leave comments about bicycling in Napa County -The Wikimap Tool is now closed. You may still view the map for information. Thank you for your comments. Results will be posted soon!
- Become a member on the NVTA Active Transportation Advisory Committee-There are currently three openings on the committee representings: The County of Napa; The City of Napa and The City of American Canyon. Email Diana Meehan at the address below for more information on how to apply!
- Attend the next Active Transportation Advisory Committee Meeting on November 27, 2017. *Note* Due to the Fires in Napa County, the October ATAC meeting was cancelled
- Come to one of our outreach workshops-Workshops will be held periodically through the plan update process to present and gather information from the community. Schedule and Location Information Coming Soon!
- Visit this page for periodic updates and information
The first Statewide Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, "Towards an Active California" (Caltrans) was adopted in May of this year, and the first Regional Bicycle Plan (Caltrans District 4-SF Bay Area) is currently in progress. The statewide plan is a policy-focused document that seeks to triple bicycling in the state by 2020. The District-4 plan will focus on projects within the region that help meet state, regional and local goals for improving the bicycling network, particularly on and adjacent to the state highway system. The Napa Countywide Bicycle Plan Update will benefit from these two recent planning efforts and will help re-establish local program policies and goals with context sensitive solutions for improving bicycling in Napa County.
To read the current bicycle plan or download the report click here
For more information about the Napa Countywide Bicycle Plan Update please contact:
Diana Meehan, NVTA Active Transportation Coordinator