FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
State Route 29-Napa County
Retro Reflective Sign Installation
Overnight Ramp and Full Highway Closures
Continuing Through November 21
NAPA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has started installing new retro-reflective signs at several locations on State Route 29 (SR-29) in Napa County. The new signs will be located on SR-29 between Trower Avenue and State Route 12 (SR-12).
To ensure worker and public safety, the following highway locations and ramps and will be closed at various dates from 8:00 PM-5:00 AM on northbound SR-29 and 9:00 PM-5:00 AM on southbound SR-29 intermittently through November 21, 2016. Caltrans will make additional announcements for sign work continuing after November 21.
SR-29 Napa County-Overnight Ramp and Highway Closures:
• NB - On-Ramp from North Kelly Rd.
• NB Btwn the Connector on-ramp from W Imola Ave/Rte 121 and On-ramp from First St
• NB - Between On-ramp from EB First St. and Off-ramp to Trancas St/Redwood Rd
• NB –Off and ON-Ramps to and from Lincoln Ave.
• NB - Between Airport Blvd./SR 12 and Jct. SR 221/Soscol Rd.
• NB - Between Jct. SR 12 and West Imola Ave./Rte. 121 Separation
• SB - Between Off-ramp to Trancas St/Redwood Rd. and On-ramp from Solano Ave
• SB - Connector Off-Ramp to W. Imola Ave./NB SR 121
• SB - Off-Ramp to Redwood Rd. PM 13.17
• SB - Off-ramp to First St. PM 11.56
• SB - On-Ramp from Redwood Rd.
Please follow detour signs during closures. All work is weather permitting.
The new signs are illuminated by motorists’ headlights, making them more visible than traditional signage, and don’t require electricity.
For additional information regarding retro-reflective signs, watch our Caltrans Newsflash
If work is delayed due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled. Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.